What is Files Drag & Drop ?
Files Drag & Drop is a software that will let you easily transfer files from a computer to another, and from a computer to an Android device.
On which systems is the software available ?
On Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and Android. Depending on the success of the application, we planning to develop an iOS app and possibly a Windows Phone app
My Android device or my computer is not detected by the software!
This can come from several things :
- First, make sure that both devices are connected to the same WiFi network. Try restarting the application on both sides.
- If you are on a public wifi it may not work. The network must support UDP multicasting.
- As a last resort, restart your computer or (if you know how), check that the Bonjour service is started.
If that does not work, do not hesitate to send us an email with as much information (device, Android system version, version of the application) as you can.
I would like some new features to be integrated in a future version
Do not hesitate to contact us, we will continue the development of our application, especially if other people find it useful!
What are your plans in the future?
At first, we will see how you are receiving our app, and then we will study the feedback we will get. Then we plan to make the Mac OS X and Linux version available.
We plan to add a few more features, like a security code server, choice of the saving directory, etc … A page on the website will be available for that.
We will set up a bugtracker to facilitate your feedback for bugs or suggestions.
I wish I hadn’t bought the full version of the Android app, do you offer refund?
Send us an email with the email you used for purchasing our app, and why you want a refund, and we will refund you as soon as possible.
Android permission explanations
- android.permission.INTERNET : Used to communicate with the computer app, and to display ads
- android.permission.CHANGE_WIFI_MULTICAST_STATE : For devices detections
- android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE : For battery life
- android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE : For saving downloaded files
- android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE : For reading downlaoded files
- android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED : For starting automatically at the device’s boot
- android.permission.WAKE_LOCK : For waking up the device when a file is received
- android.permission.DISABLE_KEYGUARD : For opening the received file without displaying the lock screen if the device is sleeping
- android.permission.VIBRATE : For vibrating when a file is received